Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
My Eid Lunch
October 25, 2006

About my past two days. Well its been mostly family actually, since it is Eid and all, family time is a must. First day woke up at 5:00 a.m. and had the usual family gathering before going to the Eid prayer. The streets were full of people walking towards mosques for the prayer. We went to one mosque called "Fatima" and it was packed! Got back home at around 7:00 and went directly to bed. Felt great being able to go back. Woke up at 1:00 p.m., got dressed, and head to Burj Al Hamam for lunch. I had reserved there 10 days earlier, and that was a smart move cos the place was packed that day. They were being very strict about the reservations this time since I had to pay in advance the bill, which was 8 K.D. per person. I also had to choose the table I wanted in advance and sign papers that I will be there. I was given a receipt and told to bring it with me on the day. I asked him why so many restrictions; he told me that they learned from their mistakes as people would reserve and simply not show up and a day like this is very important for the restaurant. I dont blame them for doing what they did. The food was great, the ambiance was amazing (very lebanese!!), the service was exceptional, and it will always be my favorite place in Kuwait :) I spent the rest of my holidays with the family driving around the country from mall to mall mostly window shopping and mingling with society. Chilled out holidays but looking forward to the next party :P

Labels:

posted by Fonzy @ 10/25/2006 11:03:00 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr