Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
248 am Meet Up
August 08, 2006
So the 248 am meet up went down last night at Starbucks Salmiya. There were around 20 people. It was pretty cool to put faces to all the names I have been interacting with past few months. True I started blogging only recently, but I have interacted with many and got to know them. Apparently they remembered me when I said I was Fonzy. The best part was seeing Mark after all this time, 5 years since the last time I saw him in Lebanon, and Nat, been around 7 years since we met. Other bloggers I distinctly remember, cause I interact with them often, were Nibaq, KKuwaiti, and Marzouq; hehe Marzouq took Nat for a ride on his bike. I already knew Rampurple and Fractal. When I went, I brought along 5 friends of mine with me, who are not bloggers but were interested in witnessing the meet:) Well, when I got there, I got my trustworthy Cramel flavored Mocha Frapuccino and head upstairs and found them all gathered up in the corner area. At first I thought nobody made it; well it is my fault cos I happened to miss the 248 am sign written on the back of a magazine in small handwriting placed on the floor:P It was a funny, feeling; I knew most of them but didnt know any of them at the same time. So Mark was introducing everyone to everyone and when he points at someone and says, "This is .........." I'm like "ahhhhhhhhhh, so you're....", you got the picture:) At one point of the night, some us started twitching and stuff cos we badly needed a cigarette but it was no smoking. Funny thing is that when we finally to go for it and light up, no way anyone would catch us, a waiter comes walking in; I immediately stepped on my cigarette. But Nibaq was cracking up and hid the cigarette, but there was smoke coming out from under his ass and the waiter, who could see it, was watching us like a hawk. Felt like good old high school days:) Well Nibaq and Kuwaiti used their convincing techniques and we ended up opening up a smoking area;) Anyway, everyone seemed to have been in a good mood and enjoying their time. Mark and Nat even got home-made cookies with them, which were pretty good actually:) We talked about all kinds of things, not only blogging; I guess the fact that we didnt sit and talk about each others blogs all night, but actually spoke about other things in our daily lives, made the whole meet more of a small chilled social gathering, I know it was a social gathering.... you know what I mean:P

Final Word: Thanks Mark and Nat for having me and for organizing and setting up the meet. Was great seeing you again and meeting everyone else. Happy blogging everyone. Cheers!

Update: They didnt make the cookies. They were from Choowy Goowy.

For more on 2:48 a.m. click below

Labels:

posted by Fonzy @ 8/08/2006 07:55:00 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 8/08/2006 09:24:00 AM, Blogger Angelo said…

    Wish I were there :(

    Hope they make one in December around Xmas Break.

     
  • At 8/08/2006 09:41:00 AM, Blogger Mark said…

    we didn't make the cookies, they are from Choowy Goowy!

    http://www.248am.com/mark/kuwait/review-choowy-goowy/

     
  • At 8/08/2006 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Sita said…

    Cool... I was about to make it with a friend, but some things came up. Maybe next time.

     
  • At 8/08/2006 10:27:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    Marzouq.. yeah we managed to open a smoking section. And ur right, we gotta do it again earlier, but what do u care? You can bike ur way through between the cars, we have to wait in turn:)

     
  • At 8/08/2006 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    Sita.. well u did miss out but dont worry, there will be more to come. Would have been cool to meet u though.

     
  • At 8/08/2006 01:05:00 PM, Blogger J said…

    Yea nobody spoke on how good the choowy goowies were, though everyone was anticipating them big time...

    Wanted to make it too, it would've made bloggin a tad bit more tangible! Hope the smoking area stays, bet the waiters flew right in with mocha air fresheners after you guys left lol!!

     
  • At 8/08/2006 01:19:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    jitterbug. Cookies were good, i liked them although im not a cookie person. And the smoking area moves with us, we make our own smoking area;)

     
  • At 8/08/2006 08:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damni was supposed to go...yalla next time.

     
  • At 8/09/2006 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    next time maze, u better come or am dragging u. there were people who didnt even blog

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr