Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
One Year in Kuwait
September 14, 2006
On September 13th, 2005 at 3:00 p.m. I landed in Kuwait International Airport. Its been one year since. Well, I have to say its been a very eventful experience for me. When I first got here, I hated every second of my life. I hated the lifestyle, the people, the air I breath, the whole country. First 5 or 6 months were a disaster; I had 2 or 3 friends and didnt know where to go and what to do with my time. It was one of those long depression phases. I was always homesick for Lebanon and my friends and just wanted to go back; because of that I focused completely on my job and forgot completely about my social life, although did manage some fun outings with those few friends. But month after month, things got better as I got more involved with the country and the way of life especially after getting my driver's license and car.

The past several months have been amazing. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I started meeting all kinds of people and soon had some very close friends. That helped BIG time with my residence in Kuwait. Partying, going out, planning all these trips which dont end up happening:P Its all been great! Also, working at the bank for the past 3 months put me in a much better mood as I enjoy what I do and I do it very well too.

This goes to show that one should always experience new things and give them the benefit of the doubt; not to judge something until they can back up their judgements.

This whole one year I lived by one quote (which I had on my MSN always):
Patience is a Virtue and I am Perfecting it Now

Anyway, enough said...... HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO ME :D

Warda: Operation "Love Kuwait" is underway;)

Labels:

posted by Fonzy @ 9/14/2006 08:45:00 AM  
10 Comments:
  • At 9/14/2006 10:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when you make the best out of a bad situation, you realize that it wasn't so bad to begin with...

     
  • At 9/14/2006 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    very true isabelle, i realized that a few months ago:)

     
  • At 9/14/2006 11:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :: Happy "One year in Kuwait"

    3o2bal el 100 :)

     
  • At 9/14/2006 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    thanks frankom :P such a nice thing to say but so scary!:P

     
  • At 9/14/2006 12:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    meoooooooooooooooooooooooooow
    happy 1 year in kuwait

     
  • At 9/14/2006 01:44:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    thx madame;)

     
  • At 9/14/2006 02:34:00 PM, Blogger Warda said…

    Mission LOVE KUWAIT worked, huh ? :)
    glad you are enjoying your time here in KUWAIT :) very happy to know you feel better about the country now :)

    is Kuwait coool or what :P

     
  • At 9/14/2006 03:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm happy for you bro...i had the same situation...9 months now in kuwait without the company of you guys I would definately have left the country...thank u...:)

     
  • At 9/15/2006 09:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whaaaat!

    i hate kuwait and if i get any chance to leave i will leave, although i'm a kuwaiti

    i think i will try to find a job in dubai cause i think it's best middle east country for quality of live and lifestyle

     
  • At 9/17/2006 07:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :: heheheh :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr