Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
Traffic Craze
September 19, 2006
For the next 9 months the traffic will be unbearable. Today, it took me 15 mins to get out of my area and another 20 just to get on the Maghreb Motorway to head to Kuwait City. It was all because of schools starting and one damn intersection. What happens is that when one light turns green and all cars are rushing into the intersection, nobody is thinking "ok we cant get through, lets wait till the road clears a bit"; so the intersection is full of cars and when the other light turns green, more cars rush in saturating the area even more leaving no space for cars to manuever. I managed to take this pic, although it doesnt really show what really is happening but the cars you see have been stopped there for a few minutes and cars from other directions were all flowing in! I was a crazy morning. Took me 1 hour to get to work!

Advice: Leave the house at 6:50 if you want to get on work on time and without suffering mental trauma!

Labels:

posted by Fonzy @ 9/19/2006 09:00:00 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 9/19/2006 09:58:00 AM, Blogger Warda said…

    you are so righttttttttttt , I left the house today at 6.53 a.m and I got to work without being late offcourse :) was standing infront of the branch door at 7.06 a.m :) EXTRA EARLY ...anyways it felt goood that I wasn't swearing or hating anyone in the morning ...mako za7maaaa at all :)

     
  • At 9/19/2006 11:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :: i used to be outside @ 6:50 everyday but since our work starts at 8:00AM so why should i wake up every !@#$% day @ 6:30AM hehe, i hate traffic and i know every body does but we must fix "people" not the "traffic" :)

     
  • At 9/19/2006 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    warda. khalas am gonna start leaving the house early from now on.

    frankom. good point. its the drivers that suck, the roads r fine.

     
  • At 9/20/2006 12:04:00 AM, Blogger Marzouq said…

    Dude! I know exactly what your talking about! Its driving me crazy! I cant seem to find a fast way to work, and I live Mishref driving to Shuweikh! I tried 4 different routes! I have to deal with kids going to school in the beginning and then I have to deal with the Looreeyat in Shuweikh and those things are HORRIBLE! Im going to get a tank and start running over people who block intersections!

    6:50am seems to be the only way out!

     
  • At 9/20/2006 12:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Traffic here really sucks....Marzouq welcome back...i work in shuwaikh too

     
  • At 9/20/2006 08:32:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    marzouq. if the 6:50 plan doesnt work, count me in for the tank plan cos this is very frustrating!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr