Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
KTM Is No More!!
October 08, 2006
Dont know if this is a rumour or not but I received this email this morning about Kuwait This Month (KTM):

"KTM magazine has been withdrawn, effective as of Saturday 7th 2006. A new business magazine will be published by MBS Publishing from the end of the month. I assumed that Mohammed would have told all the KTM writers before he went to the U.S. I guess not!!!!"

Its too bad that the first english free-spoken magazine in the country to have such an ugly ending. And now it is being replaced by a business magazine, which is pretty good but I would have personally preferred a social magazine. Well, they were on the right track but it was poorly managed. Always late to reach the stands, editing errors, and in some cases had problems with the writers. Although I did read many of the articles and gotta admit, there were a lot of skilled writers out there. Good job all you writers, sorry KTM, and hope some other magazine fills in.

Labels: ,

posted by Fonzy @ 10/08/2006 09:30:00 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 10/08/2006 02:54:00 PM, Blogger ananyah said…

    yah i got the email too and im like HUH! I didnt see that one coming!

    At least I got paid for my work hehehe

    Oh well, the end of my writing career ;p

     
  • At 10/08/2006 02:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is true my friend. I called them today. Mohamed Al-Awadhi is no longer there and they will be publishing a magazine on "Retail Business in the Arab World" and are currently looking for non-Gulf business write-ups (Egypt, Lebanon etc)

     
  • At 10/08/2006 03:05:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    ananyah. hehe i never wrote for them although i was supposed to.

    amer. well it was nice while it lasted.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr