Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
LAU Ghabka: Review
October 07, 2006


























Thursday night was an incredible night. Although not all people made it from my list, we still had an amazing time. The LAU event was very well organized. It was in one of the two ballrooms in the basement of the Crowne Plaza Hotel. When we walked in, there were the senior members of the organization welcoming all people very warmly. And when we walked in, each round table had eight chairs on it tagged with the names of the reserver; in our case, it was mine :P At first, it was chilled out as people were walking in and people were simpy mingling. But once the room started filling up, the party was on. They started off with an oriental group playing some old lebanese tunes followed by one of the visitors singing live, and she was pretty good:) Throughout the night, they were passing out gifts from Yves Saint Laurent, Sultan Center, NBK, and others. Also, each table had a bunch of chocolates offered by Nestle. We didnt head to the buffet till 12:00 and the food was pretty good, not much diversity though, but that was no problem. We ended up staying there till 3:00 a.m. sipping coffee and finishing off our hubbly bubblies:) Senior members were passing around asking who is an LAU alumni and not a member in their association, of which I was one since this was the first event of theirs I attend. All in all, it was a great night. Looking forward to others to come!

PS: My lucky number is 13 and I got ticket number 13 :D

Labels: , ,

posted by Fonzy @ 10/07/2006 12:32:00 PM  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr