Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
My Career
October 11, 2006

I walked into work this morning and I see a note from my boss asking me to pass by him as soon as I get it. So I hang my blazer, put my stuff down, and head to his office. Usually, its bad news when your boss wants to see you first thing in the morning. So I knock on the door, walk in, and sit down expecting the worst. And when they start the sentence with your name, you just know it cant be good. I actually thought I was getting fired. He started talking about team work and loyalty, and, naturally I was agreeing. The whole time I'm saying to myself, "Get to the point already!" So it turns out that they are understaffed in a certain department and were searching the bank for people who are fluent in english and arabic in financial analysis; and boom, I get selected and highly recommended for the job :P Its true!!! ;) I am now a Credit Officer and will be transferred to become a Credit Analyst. Hehe funny how they come up with the funkiest names:) Anyway, I know it is twice the pressure and work load but its also twice the working experience. I know I will suffer but I also know I will learn a whole lot from this. Looking forward to it but scared shitless at the same time:)

Labels: ,

posted by Fonzy @ 10/11/2006 10:32:00 AM  
14 Comments:
  • At 10/11/2006 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Noush0 said…

    Good luck fonzation :) you deserve it sara7a no matter how late you come to work :P

    As you said "IT IS" twice the pressure and work load bas we know you can do it ! :)

     
  • At 10/11/2006 11:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good luck bro, u deserve all the best :)

     
  • At 10/11/2006 01:11:00 PM, Blogger Puppylove said…

    Wow mashallah!
    Mabrook, i wish ya all the best..
    U deserve it...

    PS
    I'm gonna check out 96.5
    Although i recall passing by this station but ignored it cuz of the static...

     
  • At 10/11/2006 01:38:00 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Mabrook but why didn't you wear your blazer into your boss' office?

     
  • At 10/11/2006 01:44:00 PM, Blogger Jacqui said…

    Congrats and I wish you the best of luck :)

     
  • At 10/11/2006 01:52:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    noush. havent been coming late to work anymore cos am not staying out late anymore. Thanks for believing me. mwah!:)

    steve. thanks bro.

    puppy and jacqui. thanks:)

    stallion. cos once inside the bank it is uncomfortable keeping the blazer on. plus i wear my blazer in the bank only during committee meetings. i pass by my boss at least 10 times a day in his office, not gonna keep taking my blazer on and off.

     
  • At 10/11/2006 03:22:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said…

    I do not understand people who want to work and seek more work, what is wrong with you? go do something besides work, like being lazy and not working at all.

     
  • At 10/11/2006 03:31:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    purg. spoken like a true bum:) u want to stay where u r, thats ur life. i, on the other hand, dont and would rather excel. Btw, i noticed one thing about ur comments, always pessimistic... u lacking love in ur life?:P or is it just on my blog?:)

     
  • At 10/11/2006 04:36:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said…

    they are not pessmisitic, depends on how you read them.

    One day you will want to be like me, being a bum is the best job.

     
  • At 10/11/2006 05:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    all the best buddy..

     
  • At 10/11/2006 11:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All the best!!!

     
  • At 10/12/2006 02:48:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    mabrook

     
  • At 10/12/2006 09:09:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    purg. i used to be a bum during school and college years. now is the time to build up. unless ur already built, then i advise u to get out of ur bum life cos one day u will look back and feel like shit u didnt move ur ass. thats me, at least.

    mansour, maze, isabelle. thanks guys:)

    mansour. thanks for passing by. come again:)

     
  • At 10/12/2006 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    howahkan. i intend to:) thanks for the advice

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr