Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
Firing Squad
November 07, 2006

Today, for the first time, I will be presenting a case to the board of directors of the bank. My boss calls me into his office yesterday, hands me the case documents, and says, "You're going to the 18th floor tomorrow." When he said that, for some reason I was speechless. I felt like he was telling me "prepare to meet your doom"! I was always okay with presenting to the division heads but this will be the first time I present to the board. I gotta admit am very nervous about it. Im preparing for the case reading to myself as though I was praying getting ready to meet a firing squad!! :P But from what I have heard, they are chilled out people who want straight forward presentations without all the financial terminology, plain english. Still............... it scares the shit out of me!! Good Luck to me!!

Update 1: Its almost 10:00 a.m. and am getting ready for the presentation :)....... All the other seniors are giving advice on how to sit, talk, eye contact, and then they tell me dont worry about it, you will be just fine..... hehe as if that is gonna help :)

Update 2: Its 12:00 p.m. and just got back from the presentation. Did GREAT!!!!! But am glad its over.... felt like my heart was gonna jump out of my chest. It was a huge room with all the board members and other people all staring at me while I spoke, there were at least 20 people listening to me and were paying attention to every word and number I said. I said what I had to say and it was over; was asked a few questions, and gave them straigh answers. All in all, it went well.

Labels: ,

posted by Fonzy @ 11/07/2006 09:12:00 AM  
8 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr