Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
Accidents Left & Right
October 21, 2006
Last thursday I left a little early from work cos we had some relatives over for iftar and had to be there to greet them. So I am on the roads at around 4:30, and this was the first time I am out at that time. I expected the usual empty roads and smooth rides, but instead was faced with major traffic and many car accidents. The traffic is normal but the accidents were ridiculous. They are all because some people would be so hungry that their starvation makes them very stupid and blind and cant see others cars in front of them; all they think of is the delicous food awaiting them. One of the accidents was so ridiculous but the drivers from both cars decided to scream at each other and one thing led to another and they ended up beating the shit of each other; I couldnt picture the fight but you can see from the number of people standing and cars parked that there was something to look at.













And I kept going and came across another accident. One guy simply just had to cross a red light and ended up hitting another car.

Labels: , ,

posted by Fonzy @ 10/21/2006 10:03:00 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 10/21/2006 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Marzouq said…

    Thats just rediculous! I know what you mean!

    I wish I could see these guys beating the crap out of each other! that would have made my day!

    Some of these people are just rediculous!

    Thats why I try to avoid certain areas, and I always watch both directions on a red light! Its insane!

    They should just bump the red light ticket to 300KD and lets see who will cross the light! The jail time thing is rediculous, because its out of proportion, but I really nice juicy fine will stop you from doing that.. it cooled my speeding off while i was in the states! I went broke from the damn tickets!

     
  • At 10/21/2006 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    i know man. it is damn ridiculose especially in ramadan! i dont think the people here have any respect for the traffic laws. i mean the jail thing is too much, they need to enforce the tickets more.

     
  • At 10/21/2006 02:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    U saw the accident that happened in hawalli on thursday two cars were on top of each other...there were dead ppl...it was around 6:00....ppl are crazy on roads here!!

     
  • At 10/21/2006 05:07:00 PM, Blogger Marzouq said…

    If they tied the ticket system for the insurance system, then people will start shaping up!

    When money is being taken out of your pocket they will do something about it! I can tell you that!

     
  • At 10/21/2006 11:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's nothing you can do about their behavior, just like marzouq said; the tickets cooled his speeding off in the US! Does it mean that he's speeding up again because he's in Kuwait?
    I think that the jail idea is a great one!
    And I was bothered because of a mini-skirt, at least I didn't kill anyone!

     
  • At 10/22/2006 09:23:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    maze. heard about it.

    marzouq. that could work theoratically but why do i have a feeling it wont work in real life.

    blue ice. true. believe me they tried everything with these crazy drivers here, but nothing!! all left to do is take away their licenses and cars from them every time they break the law. screw points. one strike and ur out!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr