Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
Energy Drinks Taking Over
October 30, 2006
We all know what Red Bull is and that there are dozens of other kinds of energy drinks in the market. What we didnt know, at least I didnt know, is that during 2006 more than 500 new energy drinks have been introduced into the market worldwide. These drinks have become an international addiction, I am one of those people. But I am excused for using it, since I work at least 10 hours a day and need something to stay awake. But you got people who abuse it and drink 3 or 4 in a row gulping them in one go each to get some sort of buzz. In the U.S. alone, 7.6 million teenagers today drink energy drinks. When abused, it has a lot of negative consequences and are therefore being fought by nutritionists all over the world. For example, in France, Red Bull is considered illegal cos of the active ingredient tanaurine. {More}


Labels:

posted by Fonzy @ 10/30/2006 01:45:00 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 10/30/2006 05:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :: توقفت عن شرب أي نوع من هذا المشروبات حيث بدأت أشعر بأشياء غريبة بالقرب من قلبي !!

     
  • At 10/30/2006 07:35:00 PM, Blogger 3baid said…

    There's a website that takes your weight and lets you select your favorite energy drink, then calculates how many cans it would take to kill you.

     
  • At 10/30/2006 09:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have never drank any of these before, but I noticed that one of my friends did drink a lot of them back in Kuwait.
    I am addicted to Coca cola! I have just won my long fight against it, I even ordered fruit cocktail when I was back in Kuwait!

     
  • At 10/30/2006 09:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woo Hoo...
    I can finally send a comment :-D somewhere. Wait a minute, do you use Blogger Beta?

     
  • At 10/30/2006 10:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Red bull..red bull...red bull...u need it in kuwait!

     
  • At 10/31/2006 08:09:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    frankom. im starting to feel that too.

    3baid. what is the website?

    blue ice. congrats:) me too am addicted to coca cola, at least used to be... when was ur last time in kuwait anyway? and yes, im using beta blogger... how come u cant comment?

    maze. true dat!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr