Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
Fasting Abuse
October 09, 2006

This morning while waiting on the never-ending traffic light next to my house, a small accident happened where one guy tried to cut in line and ended up hitting another car. Naturally, they both got out of the cars and the debate started on whose fault it was. It doesnt need a genious to figure it out, the guy cutting (lets call him A) was to be blamed 100% but he wouldnt take it and kept arguing. He kept trying to shut the other guy (B) up by telling him he has work to do and doesnt have time for this. The other guy also had work to get to. It was calm until A asked B "Are you christian or muslim?!?" So B gets very pissed off and asks the same question in return so A says, "I'm muslim, fasting, and need to get to work! You dont care, you're christian!" So A gets into his car and drives off, which was when the light turned green. I also moved on then but did see B taking down the plate number of A's car.

Point is: Because its Ramadan, does fasting count as an excuse for being stupid, breaking and violating the law, and disrespecting other peoples' rights? HELL NO!! I'm muslim, and I fast, and I say to all those "muslims":

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the fire.

Ok, Stallion corrected me. The quote is actually:

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Labels: ,

posted by Fonzy @ 10/09/2006 10:02:00 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 10/09/2006 12:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GRRR

     
  • At 10/09/2006 01:31:00 PM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    I thought the saying went, "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen!"

    As for the accident, this happenes even when it's not Ramadan! People don't know how to drive here!

     
  • At 10/09/2006 02:20:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    stallion, thanks for the correction. I was actually talking bout how people use the fact that they r fasting to get away with things here. Not knowing how to drive is granted!:)

     
  • At 10/09/2006 02:27:00 PM, Blogger Puppylove said…

    My God!!
    Hatha sij galeel el-adab!!

    EEEE walla, always using Ramadan 4 their excuses...tsk tsk tsk

     
  • At 10/09/2006 02:35:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    exactly puppy, 100%

     
  • At 10/09/2006 11:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The thing is these ppl doesnt know the meaning of being a muslim let alone fasting...
    Ppl like these get on my nerves...they cant even respect their own religion...
    by making fasting a excuse they all lowering themselves nothing else!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr