Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
EDO
November 12, 2006
I was never a big fan of sushi but I do enjoy having it except anything that involves salmon. I can handle crab and shrimp but salmon is just way too fishy for me:) Back in Lebanon, I never bothered to try it but since I came to Kuwait, I was tempted cos everyone seemed to like it so I decided to give it a shot. Tried several sushi places in Kuwait so far but Edo is the first one I post a review about. Its a very cozy place and the food is pretty good, although I have tried better. They do have a diverse menu though. I tried the beef terriyaki, and california maki. Also I tried something which is about green onions wrapped around with beef, and I honestly dont remember the name. There were also fried shrimps and bits from here and there. Although they serve 8 pieces per order, their pieces are pretty small.

Pros:
(1) Welcoming Hospitality
(2) Great Food
(3) Reasonable Pricing
(4) Relaxed ambiance
(5) Appetizing presentation of food
(6) No stink of fish - BIG PLUS!!!

Cons:
(1) Small pieces
(2) Tasteless green tea :P

Would I Go There Again?

Occasionally.

Labels: , ,

posted by Fonzy @ 11/12/2006 12:03:00 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 11/12/2006 11:53:00 AM, Blogger The Stallion said…

    Hmmmm! Bad review! :oP

    Seems like you went on a bad day! :oP

     
  • At 11/12/2006 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said…

    I think small pieces is an advantage for sushi and their portions are bigger than that fake sushi place called Maki.

    However, since this is Edo Pride domain, you are kindly requested to get a visa next time from one of the Edo Pride members or you are in violation of code 45.6 section A.

     
  • At 11/12/2006 02:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    EDO is good...but i prefer Sakura..

    As for Purg..who are the EDO pride members...we can go anytime we want....:P

     
  • At 11/12/2006 02:55:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    stallion. wasnt a bad review man, food was good. i prefer elsewhere though

    purg. well man, i prefer the big pieces more! and i do prefer maki honestly

    i am lebanese, the place where sushi was born amongst all arab countries, i dont need a visa :) plus i like life on the edge.. catch me if u can!

    howahkan. howahkan, man have u seen the pieces at Maki?!?! they r huge!

    maze. sorry man, gotta say edo is better. to me its maki, edo then sakura.... but sushi bar in lebanon kicks all their asses!!

     
  • At 11/12/2006 03:18:00 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said…

    *Mouth watering*

     
  • At 11/12/2006 04:02:00 PM, Blogger Marzouq said…

    I like Edo, it isnt the best but I do like the atmosphere and its away from traffic!

     
  • At 11/12/2006 04:29:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said…

    Prove that the first Sushi place in the Arab World was in Lebanon.

     
  • At 11/13/2006 07:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate Japanese food.
    BERK! BERK! BERK!
    But I love smoked salmon with butter and lemon.

     
  • At 11/13/2006 07:51:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    delicately.. here is a tissue :P

    marzouq. i agree, the atmosphere is quite chilled and no car horns nor anything.

    purg. my word is enough :D

    blue ice. berk berk!! i hate salmon :P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr