Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
House Chores
November 08, 2006

Other than the occasional visits my mom pats to Kuwait, my dad and I are living alone here. Every morning, I go to my job and he goes to his. Then when I'm done, I go to my second job and we end up meeting up at home at the same time, around 7:00 p.m. When home, sometimes he prepares lunch and sometimes I do, but recently its been mostly me. After that come the doing the dishes, which I ofcourse take care of, no way would I let my dad do the dishes. Then comes the daily light house organizing which we both handle. Each one is responsible for his own room but both work together on the rest of the house. Luckily, we got someone who comes in twice a week for house cleaning. Then at the end of the night before sleeping, there is taking out the garbage. And then every Friday, I got the laundry to take care of and, after, sometimes got ironing to do. Although I hate all house chores, I hate them in this order (from worst to least):
(1) ironing
(2) dishes
(3) organizing
(4) taking out the garbage
(5) cooking
(6) laundry

Dont know why I wrote about this, but yesterday I was too damn tired that I didnt do anything and today when I woke up, I looked around and everything looked so messy. You can not postpone house chores cos it will only get worse and it is one thing you can not escape!

Note: I am against having "help". Got used to the idea of taking care of myself ever since university dorms life.

Labels:

posted by Fonzy @ 11/08/2006 02:02:00 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 11/08/2006 01:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ur day must be really long, how u make time for a social life is beyond me... hmm yimkin u r superman after all :p

     
  • At 11/08/2006 02:12:00 PM, Blogger Warda said…

    if you are against the idea of getting "Help" then stop complaining :P

     
  • At 11/08/2006 02:15:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    izzi... shhhhhhhh, secret;) or better yet, ever seen the movie multiplicity? :P

    warda. so said the girl who does NOT fix her bed every morning ;)

     
  • At 11/08/2006 02:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am used to doing that myself, here's my list:
    1. Dishes
    2. Taking out the garbage
    3. Cooking
    4. Ironing
    5. Laundry
    6. Organizing

    Only people who have to do this understand this post, those who have never cleaned up their own ass will not be able to!

     
  • At 11/08/2006 02:37:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    exactly... and in a way i sometimes can relate to ur sequence except for the laundry part cos got washing machines. and i LOATHE ironing! i never seem to be able to get the clothes to be flat, they end up wrinkled :P i suck at this:) but cooking is something i enjoy although all i know r two or three dishes! but cheers to u and all those who wipe their own ass :P

     
  • At 11/08/2006 02:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can understand u....getting used to the same shit i do everyday....except i don't iron my clothes...

     
  • At 11/08/2006 03:00:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Fonzy

    ya3ttek el 3afya

    Fonzy & Blue

    lets be frank here...trust me you will not turn down help...

     
  • At 11/08/2006 06:18:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    maze. keep away from ironing!!!

    mosan. we did have help before but it just didnt feel right seeing her folding my underwear :P i didnt like the idea.

     
  • At 11/08/2006 07:00:00 PM, Blogger Jewaira said…

    Laundry is cheesecake. I enjoy that. Ironing is good for meditation. I think it is sexy when a man irons.

    Taking out the garbage is a chore but there are worse things like scrubbing the stove top or cleaning the kitchen up after a big meal.

    Dishwashers are heavenly: rinse the crockery and the utensils off in hot water; turn it on when it is full and later: voila, you have sparkling clean dishes.

     
  • At 11/09/2006 01:02:00 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said…

    Hehe ok. A confession.

    I love cleaning the bathroom.
    Provided its a nice one that is :P

    And I love washing the dishes if i have my ipod on really loud.

     
  • At 11/09/2006 01:36:00 AM, Blogger MSB said…

    wow, ya36eek el 3afya.. very busy man!

    here's my list, worst first:

    (1) ironing
    (2) taking out the garbage
    (3) dishes
    (4) organizing
    (5) laundry
    (6) cooking

    cooking i dont mind so much actually. i enjoy that.

     
  • At 11/09/2006 07:48:00 AM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    jewaira.yeah laundry is simple cos u gto washing machines. luckily i dont have to clean the stove or anything else cos we got someone to do that, i do that only when it is something simple. as for the dishes, we still do it the old fashioned way, no dishwasher:P as for ironing... did i mention i starting to love ironing;)

    delicately. for some reason, many girl friends of mine like washing the bathroom. i dont know why. i used to back in the dorm, would turn on the music on high volume and go for it. I guess u can do any house chore with music on loud:)

    msb. hehe by ur list, looks like we have much in common:)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr