Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
Need a Laptop
August 28, 2006
Ok I was just reading Marzouq's blog and he was talking about lithium batteries. Then I remembered I have been wanting to buy a laptop for quite some time now, but put it on hold cos I was out of the country. Now, I posted a while ago the specifications of a Toshiba laptop I found and asked for feedback, but NOBODY replied!!! So be useful please, and comment.................I said pleeease :P Here are the specs. By the way, click below to check out Marzouq's blog.

Specifications:

Intel Centrino 2.0 GHZ
512 MB DDR2 RAM
60 GB Hard Disk
15.4" Crystal Wid Screen True Bright
DVD-Writer Multi Recorder
Integrated Wireless LAN
256 MB SVGA Card
56 KBPS Fax Modem Card
10/100 LAN Card
S-Video Port
Firewire Port
3 USB Ports
Internal Card Reader
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
For 499 KD

I also found an HP Compaq with a little less specifications except has bluetooth for 385 KD.

I saw the Macbook yesterday but it was for over 900 KD. That is a bit too much for me. And if you have any suggestions, I am all ears. Thanks.

Labels:

posted by Fonzy @ 8/28/2006 09:25:00 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 8/28/2006 11:54:00 AM, Blogger 3baid said…

    Get a Macbook Pro. Sorry but that's about as useful as I get :P

     
  • At 8/28/2006 11:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fonzy... i picked an HP recently for this specs


    Intel Duo Core 1.6 Ghz
    1.5 GB DDR2 RAM
    60 GB SATA Hard Disk
    15 Crystal Wid Screen True Bright
    DVD-Writer Multi Recorder
    Integrated Wireless LAN
    56 KBPS Fax Modem Card
    10/100 LAN Card
    Firewire Port
    2 USB Ports
    Bluetooth
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition
    For 395 KD.

    i found the duo cores processors more pwerful than a normal centrino

     
  • At 8/28/2006 12:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anything core Duo is good, Merom is coming out today so i would wait. Merom is Core Duo 2. but i do agree with 3baid, just get a Macbook Pro and you can run both windows and OSX. Stay away from HP, Compaq, Gateway. Toshiba is good too, but make sure its Core Duo at least. Good Luck

    blog.almane.net

     
  • At 8/28/2006 04:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can get the same for 220 KD ... Dell from Eureka in Salmiya, i agree with the others, more RAM and HD space, if you have the cash get a sony or a Mac Book

     
  • At 8/28/2006 05:12:00 PM, Blogger Warda said…

    my lap top is a Toshiba and I love it :)

     
  • At 8/29/2006 04:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you could get a black macbook with a core duo, 512 ram, 13 inch, and 80 gb hard drive for kd 550 from z macshop. (zmacshop.com). Its great for general use and plus if your not a mac user you can always install windows using bootcamp.

    hope this was helpful

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr