Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
Terrible Drivers
August 28, 2006
On my way to work today, I evaded an accident. As I was driving into Kuwait City, I gave the right signal and slowly making my way to right lane to take the exit towards Dasman. Out of nowhere comes this black speeding trail blazer from behind me to the right; the lanes to my left were filled so the blazer saw an opening to my right. It went right past me and if I hadn't had a quick reaction and moved left, its hood would be in my trunk right now (im talking about the car here:P). The worst part is that after it passed me it again drove to the left taking the extreme left lane and driving as though there were no other cars on the road!!!!! It was so damn close that, even though I moved, it hit my side mirror; wasnt broken, luckily.


No offense to anyone when I say this: The driver was a veiled lady. Honestly, in Kuwait, those drivers along with the Taxi drivers are the most dangerous. Most of them wouldnt even qualify for the drivers test and get it through "wasta". I said MOST, not generalizing, so please dont get offended. I know many great female drivers but most are terrible. This is not the first time something like this happens. This class of drivers in particular drive like they are the only people on the road and expect everyone else to give them the right-of-way.


Other terrible drivers:
Taxi Drivers (all nationalities)
Bus Drivers
Unexperienced kids in powerful cars, actually in any car
My neighbors :) who happen to include a veiled lady who gives her 17 year old kid the car to go to marina mall on thursday night!!
posted by Fonzy @ 8/28/2006 09:58:00 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 8/28/2006 11:49:00 AM, Blogger forzaq8 said…

    " I gave the right signal and slowly making my way to right lane to take the exit "

    thats your problem

    in kuwait you charge the lane , you don't give other the chance to know you are going for it

     
  • At 8/28/2006 12:06:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    forza.. its called driving and road ethics. Everyone should use them and abide by them. The signals are there for a reason, they r not an "optional" feature in cars:)

     
  • At 8/28/2006 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    lol marzouq. i agree with u. Those are death traps:) Sometimes its like they feel like they are playing some video game where hitting cars gives them points. LOL.. imagine Road Max with ninjas! That would be a movie I would watch!

     
  • At 8/28/2006 12:37:00 PM, Blogger forzaq8 said…

    road ethics in kuwait

    404 file not found

    i drove a car in kuwait , i drove in saudi , i drove in UAE , i drove in USA

    stuff like road ethics and laws are obied in none arab countries

    i was with a cab in lebanon who entered 7 streets all which had " do not enter " on them

    one time in kuwait i saw a yellow signal at traffic light , i slowed down and you know what happened ? bam in the back , still didn't get my insurance money ( its been 4 years now )

    Logic does not apply to kuwait

     
  • At 8/28/2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    so forza, ur solution is "if u cant beat them, joint them"? Nah i dont wanna do that, I am proud of my driving skills and prouder that i have road ethics. True most arab countries dont have that, but I heard that a few years back, Kuwait did. Lebanese drivers do not respect the laws, but one thing about the female drivers is they dont do stupid stunts that endanger themselves and others. Here, they all have Jeeps!!! yeah that yellow light thing is an hourly thing in kuwait cos nobody can handle waiting at the red light. Sometimes, i freak out when faced with a yellow light, dont know to stop or step on it:)

    Marzouq. Transformers is my all time favorite cartoon:)

     
  • At 8/28/2006 06:37:00 PM, Blogger Warda said…

    WELCOME TO KUWAIT BABE :P

     
  • At 8/29/2006 04:36:00 PM, Blogger AM said…

    One more addition:
    All Nissan drivers!
    Lol.

     
  • At 8/29/2006 07:50:00 PM, Blogger Fonzy said…

    Warda. thanks. mwah!

    AM. LOL. hmmm do i know u????

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr