Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
Diva's - Karaoke Night
September 20, 2006
So yesterday we went to Diva's for their last Karaoke night before Ramadan begins. It was extremely packed. I didnt know their number so drove by them during the day to reserve a table but it was fully booked, had been for the past few days. This is my second time going for Karaoke night, but first time with a group of 15 people. After some tiring negotiations, I managed to get a table on the terrace. The guys working there were very polite and helpful. Anyway, when we got there, the place was flowing with tons of people that our table got "misplaced" but we managed to pull small tables from left and right and put together a nice decent long table. It was a happening night, people singing, dancing, going crazy, eating, having argeelahs, socializing; it was a blast. The only problem were the people singing..... ok my voice sucks especially nowadays since I have a cold; therefore.... I dont sing cos that would be noise pollution, if I felt like singing, I will sing in the shower or somewhere where nobody can hear me:) But yesterday.... oh maaaan, it was bad. It got to a point when we all got headaches and were asking around for panadol. But one of the people with us, Eiad, got very fed up and asked the waiter to disconnect the speaker outside; that was a major relief. We also had dinner there and the food, I must say is great. Its a 4 K.D. minimum charge per person outside and 5 K.D. inside, and I believe it is worth it, if you want to eat that is.

Pros:
1. Good Food
2. Welcoming Hospitality
3. Good Service
4. Friendly Staff
5. Reasonable Prices

Cons:
1. Average Quality Karaoke Machine
2. Very Bad Choice of Singers!!

Would I Go Again?
Occasionally

Labels: ,

posted by Fonzy @ 9/20/2006 09:00:00 AM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr