Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
The Biggest Question
November 08, 2006

Why Get Married?
I turned 28 less than a month ago and I feel no different. I feel like I am still 23 living the life of a 28 year old, if not older. What I mean is I still feel young, whereas all those around me, be family member, co-workers, friends all see me getting older and most keep asking me one question.... "when are you gonna get married?" I give them all the same answer I have been giving for many years............ no marriage here. Im not against marriage and Im not afraid of commitment, God knows I have been committed before. But I simply just dont want to. The way I see it, you will get married when you feel you met the perfect match and you decide it is the next step in a relationship that has become so concrete. But recently the pressure has increased and is becoming unbearable. It feels like me against the world. My parents for one want me to tell them something like "ok I will think about it" so they feel more at ease, but I would just be bullshitting them and I know it will only backfire in the future so I end up being this stubborn hard headed asshole and say it again "NO MARRIAGE HERE!!" This is what they keep telling me:
(1) I am 2 years away from being 30.
(2) Get married early to see my kids growing up and grow up with them.
(3) If not now, I will be too old and cant be the family man I am supposed to be.
(4) Start a life with a wife early to build a base upon which to build a future.
(5) Time to stop with all the loose life and start a stable one.
(6) We need someone else to worry about you!! :P (probably the main one.. lol)

Although they all make sense, I am still not convinced. It just got me wondering.... is there an age limit to when a person should get married? What reason other than love should get two people to get married? Does being in a country like Kuwait, involved mostly about building a career, necessitate having someone to share your life with cos the way I see it, many push for marriage when residing in kuwait? When should you think of getting married?

Note: This post is not me asking for advice whether to marry or not.... cos my answer still is "NO MARRIAGE HERE!". It just got me thinking.

Labels: ,

posted by Fonzy @ 11/08/2006 11:29:00 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 11/08/2006 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Rampurple said…

    I think its easy for all of us say no to marriage, and no there is not time limit.

    BUT I am sure if you find a person you would love to share your life with, that you wouldn't mind tying the knot.

     
  • At 11/08/2006 12:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would love to build my own family and have kids; yet I'm scared of marriage for no particular reason just afraid; I usually panic when someone propose :/

     
  • At 11/08/2006 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Noush0 said…

    1st..if you wanna get married its you who has to choose your lifetime partner ..not your parents!!

    2nd..i think of this issue in 2 ways..im with and agiansnt parents pressuring their kids to get married soon!

    With cuz:
    1.they want to make sure of their kids future.(esp girls)
    2.they cant wait to see their grandchild’s and spend time with them.

    I never thought of this ever ..but a year ago a guy proposed to me .. a sweet guy with good career in 1 word full packaged guy!! Hehehe ..but I refused cuz I was having good time in my life ,my job was great , going out with friends daily and lots other things which you wont be able to do when you get married .. if you get committed you have to forget allll this !!!so I didn’t feel that its the time to let go:).. I m not done yet!

    My mom was so upset giving me the above 2 reasons!!!!! which made me think twice cuz i refused!

    Against:
    1.the boy/girl doesn’t feel ready to start a family which will be a huge problem in future and may cause a divorce and will effect on their klids.

    your a boy and its easier to you to refuse ..what about girls?!?!girls who get married ghasben 3anhom!

    3rd if you date never tell your parents ..esp. girls!!

    and i agree with ram`s final sentence :)

     
  • At 11/08/2006 01:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    stop complaining fonzy and get married. after all whats marriage? its being 24/7 with the person you love, whats so bad about that? marriage = great.. problem= find that person! good luck! ... and dont forget to invite me because i love weddings, also engagment parties and henna parties... yay!

    Noush: why do u think you can't do all these things when u get married :/ ofcourse u can, its marriage not jail hehe, u have a fear of commitment that is worse that fonzy's... don't forget to invite me inti kamain!

     
  • At 11/08/2006 02:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have no idea why people do ask that question in Kuwait!
    My eldest brother did not stop asking me when do I intend to come back to Kuwait to get married!
    Oh, and my sister was asking me when my best friend wants to marry me!
    But I soon as I left the stopped asking!
    No marriage here either!

     
  • At 11/08/2006 03:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    same here bro....i'm 30...so u can imagine the pressure on my head!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr