Fonzation

speaking my mind

 
Visitors

View My Stats
Guest Book
Sign Guestbook
View Guestbook
Polls
Other things
Coming Soon
Other things
Coming Soon
Demonstration in Kuwait
July 22, 2006

A few weeks ago, there was a demonstration facing the parliament on the Arabian Gulf Road, where dozens of people were supposedly gathered to support Lebanon. I had received an sms message asking me to join and spread the word, so I did. But when my friends and I got there, all we saw were flags for Hezbollah and only a couple of Lebanese people; so we left. Its not that I'm against Hezbollah, I mean they are the only thing standing against another Israeli invasion of Lebanon, although they did start this whole fight. We are at a point of no return, if Hezbollah is disarmed, then the Israelis would have won and they will end up pushing Lebanon around for years and decades to come; so we are at a point where we have to support them cos a cease-fire is out of the question. Israel and Hezbolah are giving each other hell, and Lebanon is just cleaning up the mess they are leaving behind and there is nothing we can do about it but speak out loud asking the support of stronger powers to influence a cease-fire. Anyway, sorry I kinda drifted away from the subject. So yesterday morning I receive another SMS from "Lebanese in Kuwait" group asking people to gather in front of Kuwait Airways in Kuwait City, requesting all to wear white t-shirts and carry only the Lebanese flag. And we were all glad cos we thought it would be a pro-lebanon demonstration and media would be covering it and deliver our message to the outside countries. After gathering, everyone marched down to the Gulf Road, where there was an even bigger gathering. Again, all we say were Hezbollah flags and everyone was chanting "Death to Israel" and "Hit Tel Aviv". Ten minutes later, we were gone. Another disappointment cos we wanted to support Lebanon, but they were supporting the war on Israel. I did manage to take some photos. Supporters of Hezbollah are spread all over the planet and I have a feeling that this war will spread beyond the Lebanese borders.

Labels: ,

posted by Fonzy @ 7/22/2006 10:19:00 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Fonzy
Home: Kuwait
About Me: In brief, I graduated from LAU in Lebanon with a double major in Busines Computer and Banking & Finance. Worked in many pubs and night clubs as a DJ, PR, and Security Comptroller. Now I'm in Kuwait.... been here since September 2005. Im working two jobs, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, and a third project is on the way, which will be a great hit if it works out and i sleep max 5 hours a day. Its a chilled life, mostly work, and occasional outings. In Kuwait, I use my brain cells, then go to Lebanon and burn them:D But one fact remains unchanged and will always be.... I MISS LEBANON!!!!!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Bloggers
Blog Feeds
Flickr